Friday, January 10, 2014

About Me

Let’s start with the facts, shall we?  I am a daughter, a sister, a mother, and a friend.  I am a roommate, a girlfriend, a Christian, and a drug dealer.  I am a former drug addict with more relapse stories than I care to admit.  I am a former prostitute with a story that moved Jars of Clay (my all-time favorite band and my one claim to semi-fame) to tears.  I am a former and aspiring derby girl.  I am a runner who hasn’t run in years.  I am a smoker and quite possibly an alcoholic.  I am a reluctant role model and sometimes mentor.  I am a hippie… kind of.  I consider myself the most “normal” person in my nuclear family.  I am an intellectual who chooses ignorance at times because ignorance really IS bliss.

I am conflicted about my faith and my life and the way I choose to live.  I am torn by cultural and spiritual and familial expectations.

I can say all these factual things about me but I can’t reconcile what they mean with the reality of my life.  But what the hell DO they mean anyway?

I am me.  Simple yet profound.  I am a paradox.  But aren’t we all when we get right down to the nitty gritty of life?

So this is where I come to talk about all this craziness I call life.  This is my free therapy.  If you find something you relate with… well, that’s cool.  If not… whatever.  No offense but I’m here for me, not you. 

More than anything, I hope we both get to laugh along the way.


P.S. If you know me, or even think you know me, please respect my anonymity and keep it on the DL, okay?  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment